Healthy Non-Toxic Plants for Ducks Garden

I found out that my ducklings really like Marigolds.

Attachments

• IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 3
I plant Comfrey for my flock I don't keep it in the property they are in or it would be gone but I harvest the leaves and hang them where they can bite off pieces. Also Oregano it's another good one to plant it is a herbal antibiotic. I dry the oregano. I am going to plant some this year and see if they will eat it fresh I usually put it into their feed dried.

Oh wow! They seriously destroyed that! 😅 and those are good for them to eat? I would love to add some color to their garden!
Yes. I did some research and Marigolds are o.k. for them. I was going to see what they liked before I planted some around the kennel for them. It's hard to grow things in S. Florida ...it's so hot. And... I'm the worst at growing things.

I plant Comfrey for my flock I don't keep it in the property they are in or it would be gone but I harvest the leaves and hang them where they can bite off pieces. Also Oregano it's another good one to plant it is a herbal antibiotic. I dry the oregano. I am going to plant some this year and see if they will eat it fresh I usually put it into their feed dried.
Great idea, Miss Lydia! I use oregano all the time for myself.

Yes. I did some research and Marigolds are o.k. for them. I was going to see what they liked before I planted some around the kennel for them. It's hard to grow things in S. Florida ...it's so hot. And... I'm the worst at growing things.
Oh yeah! I bet it’s hot there! I live in Oregon so pretty much anything grows. Good to know about the marigolds, thanks and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom