Hedemora Thread

Pics
How lovely! The color variety is amazing, especially the wild type ones. Do you have access to a variety of bloodlines? Here in the U.S. I think we only have a couple to work with.

How lovely! The color variety is amazing, especially the wild type ones. Do you have access to a variety of bloodlines? Here in the U.S. I think we only have a couple to work with.
Thank you! Yes i have access to that, i live in Sweden
yesss.gif

Newbie to Hedemoras here - I have 9 hatching eggs currently in the incubator (we started out with 10 but 1 got the dreaded blood ring) and at least 6 seem to have beautiful spidering the other 3 are questionable so I'll try candling again at about 7 days to see what happens... can't wait to hatch these beautiful and diverse little birds!

My first ever incubator hatch was four out of six eggs hatched, Hedamora chicks from barking chicken farm. Aren't they cute? They're far friendlier than the three barnyard mix that hatched at the same time. I'm so happy!

I have 5 of their siblings from Barking Chickens - mine are also rather dark I started with 10 eggs but only half made it to hatching even with picking them up locally.

Last edited:
I am looking for Hedemoras hatching eggs, started chicks juveniles or adult trios. Please message me if you have any available

I am looking for Hedemoras hatching eggs, started chicks juveniles or adult trios. Please message me if you have any available[/quote

Try looking up barking chickens farms on ebay, the lady who runs it is beyond helpful and her chickens are very well cared for with the highest standards. She also has other rare breeds to chose from.

What would be a reasonable price for a young hedamora rooster? I'm going to have at least one extra. Waiting to hear them crow to be certain, but I'm thinking I'll have to sell two.

Back
Top Bottom