Hello and Help

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
Thank you Kelsie. This looks like the place to be. I just got here and like it already.
Real helpful people.

Same thing happened with my coop! I had to lime it and we decided to keep a tarp on the top of the race that was flooded to prevent the water from laying and the feed to rot in the mud.

Same thing happened with my coop! I had to lime it and we decided to keep a tarp on the top of the race that was flooded to prevent the water from laying and the feed to rot in the mud.
I was wondering about the lime. Didn't know if it would be good for the hens or not, or egg production. However, today I got a load of clean beach sand and covered the chicken run. Now, can I put lime in there too? I didn't read your post in time til now, 9:00PM Thanks again for your help. Dang, chickens are fun.

That should be fine and should absorb the moisture. When we lined our coop we kept the chickens we had in that race on the back race for a few days just so they didn't get in the ick. When it dried we let them back in there and there was still some residue but they did just fine and scratched it away. Our hens were perfectly fine with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom