Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Hey Cjarvis, do you have any pictures of your silver blues? I just noticed this breed and was wondering what they looked like. Thanks!

Blue is actually quite simple, Breeding Silver Blue to Silver Blue will result in Silver Blue 50%, Birchen 25%, and a splash version of silver blue most will call a sport.

So, is it Birchen in its development? I know blues have weird genetics (I just can't seem to get a handle on it), what do you get if you breed a silver blue with another silver blue?
Sorry for that I realized I quoted the wrong question, That is Birchen OE, I have Birchen Rosecomb in deveopment using Birchen OE male over Black and Blue Rosecomb females.

Blue is actually quite simple, Breeding Silver Blue to Silver Blue will result in Silver Blue 50%, Birchen 25%, and a splash version of silver blue most will call a sport.

Hi everyone! Glad I found this section of the forums! Lets get it a little more active... shall weeee!

I have been waiting for my D'anver hatching eggs and had to go into TSC for... Okay lets just be honest here. I went to look at the bantams!! And I walked out with six new babies.

I love them already! One was gasping on every breath, so I have sugar water and it perked right up and stoped gasping! Hoooooray! I thought I would lose one!

Here are my little ones. About what age can you tell male / female? Also, I know there are many colors - such as duckwing - that start out chipmunk color... is there a chance they are NOT BBR and something else? Some do look BBR with the more reddish golden around the face... but others are silvery and cream color.

Hi everyone! Glad I found this section of the forums! Lets get it a little more active... shall weeee!

I have been waiting for my D'anver hatching eggs and had to go into TSC for... Okay lets just be honest here. I went to look at the bantams!! And I walked out with six new babies.

I love them already! One was gasping on every breath, so I have sugar water and it perked right up and stoped gasping! Hoooooray! I thought I would lose one!

Here are my little ones. About what age can you tell male / female? Also, I know there are many colors - such as duckwing - that start out chipmunk color... is there a chance they are NOT BBR and something else? Some do look BBR with the more reddish golden around the face... but others are silvery and cream color.

For sexing the duckwing varieties you go by the eye stripe, the females have a heavy well pronounced stripe of color through the eye, the males will have a very light or abscent eye stripe.
They look like silver duckwing to me.

My boy's crele pullet got BV in the Junior show in El Dorado show. She beat out quite a few others. He was very proud.

Woot. That is what I thought too. I guess we will see! 3 of them have light to no eye stripe and 3 have very dark black eye stripe. I was thinking maybe I had 3 duckwing and 3 BBR. Or some difference. But I didnt know that about sexing through the eye stripe, thank you!! :)

The ones with little to no eye stripe also have a creamier brown color to their heads, the ones with the eye stripes have very dark brown black. I can take a comparison pic of each very soon. Thanks again. :)

For sexing the duckwing varieties you go by the eye stripe, the females have a heavy well pronounced stripe of color through the eye, the males will have a very light or abscent eye stripe.
They look like silver duckwing to me.

Back
Top Bottom