Hello everyone

welcome-byc.gif

Ok I have not been able to leave the BYC site in days so much information and everyone is so nice. But I don't want to say the wrong thing. We have 5 acres and my goal is to live as self sufficient as possible. I eat some of my animals. I keep the main flocks and we (my husband and i) eat the mixed off spring. I care very much about them living a healthy roomy free range as possible life. But I feel that I see more people here that have pet's. And I don't want to insult or up set anyone.

Ok I have not been able to leave the BYC site in days so much information and everyone is so nice. But I don't want to say the wrong thing. We have 5 acres and my goal is to live as self sufficient as possible. I eat some of my animals. I keep the main flocks and we (my husband and i) eat the mixed off spring. I care very much about them living a healthy roomy free range as possible life. But I feel that I see more people here that have pet's. And I don't want to insult or up set anyone.

Don't worry too much about it. Some people keep them as pets other people don't. Just because an animal isn't a pet doesn't mean you don't love them. You can love an animal even if used in for food. You just have more respect or gratitude for them; in my opinion. I will be raising cockerels for meat unless someone wants a rooster.

many use our birds for food, so do not worry. If you want to meet others that feel the same as you check out the meat bird thread, lots of discussions about preferred birds to use for meat. Most of the ones who raise their birds for pets, still eat meat. They appreciate that your birds are much more humanely raised then large farms, so no worries.

People don't get in with a fish like that ( Pacific sail fish) after a fight like that with out a big risk of a shark. And I was not letting it go till it was ok to swim so it would live.

We lease 8000 acers in Venice Louisiana and we hunt and eat what we kill.

Back
Top Bottom