Hello from Lincoln County Missouri.

frow.gif
Welcome from Ohio!
cheer.gif
Glad you could join us!

Hi ;

My husband and I moved from St. Louis county to Lincoln county about two years ago, I am new to BYC as well as well! I have had chickens for about a year. When I first moved here I bought all our chickens from a lady I met at the Troy farmers market but since she is no longer hatching or selling chickens. We have Americans, speckled Sussex, salmon favorelles, frizzle Cochrans and silkies. I have been doing a lot of research on breeding and hatching and have to be honest it scares me because I love all of my chickens and don't want to do something wrong. I am a hands on person and that is the best way for me to learn. Since we don't know a lot of people here I have been hoping to meet someone that I can learn from. Can you tell me how successful your hatching was when you first started?

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcome! I am a year into being a chicken mama and now wanting to get a few ducks. Can anyone give me advice on ducks? What breed is the most effectionate? Strong? And will get along with my free range chickens? We have a small pond that we r wanting to put a duck house on and would love some feedback. I love the silky ducks but have read a lot of mixed reviews that they r weak and sickly. Any advice welcome! Thank you

My biggest challenge is navigating on the site! I guess you could say I am technically challenged! :)

Gotcha.....so, if you want info on ducks you can go up to the top of the screen where it says FORUM and select "OTHER BACKYARD POULTRY" and the first option is DUCKS. This is where all things duck are posted. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom