Hello, from New York!

MiaohMia

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 8, 2014
Hello everyone! I just joined BC, but I have been using it to answer all my chicken questions, so, I decided, why don't I join? I currently am a care-giver of 8 chicks, but 3 are actually going to a friend! Greetings to all of you, and I await my joyful time here! Our chicks are about 11 days old, if you're wondering, and this is my first time with chickens. They are absolute fuzz balls of joy! We have 4 EEs(Easter Eggers), 2 Silkies, and 2 polish. We adore them all. Our golden laced polish happens to love one of the children here, and follows only him around! It's lots of fun just simply watching the chicks, especially when they do there little "feet dance"(when they scrape the ground) for food. Another silly thing they do is how they fall asleep. One will slowly lower its head, then it'll perk back up as if it doesn't want to sleep! It'll repeat this until it apparently gives up and goes to sleep
lau.gif
. Anyway, hello! I hope I enjoy my stay at BC!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Oh yes them chicks are hours of fun to watch alright and very animated for sure ...
smile.png

Our last weeks batch of EE chicks
jumpy.gif
and just out of the
incubator when this photo was taken ....
big_smile.png

These guys had to be removed to make room for the new
comers so it was outside at 3 weeks ..
wink.png

These guys had to also come out at the same time and they
were just getting too big anyway .....

Enjoy all your poultry ventures
D.gif

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, babies are fun to watch. They will do that sleep thing for a long time too. My 5 1/2 week olds try to resist sleeping and will eventually just give up and sleep. LOL Nothing better than Chick TV!

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of great tips and hints on keeping your new flock...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

:welcome! Sounds like you are enjoying your babies. If you'd like, come on over the the Where am I Where are You section of the forum. There are two thread for NY people to chat in, depending on what part of the state you live in. It's always nice to talk people in your area who have similar experiences!

Thank you for the info, tips, and welcomes everybody! I will have to check out the learning center and Where are you section!

Back
Top Bottom