Hello From Northern Ontario!

Yay! We are getting ready to welcome our chicken family members in May!:wee

We have ordered 24 white rock broilers and we have 3 plymouth barred rock chicks on the way. We are hoping to find a few more established layers locally to get us started with eggs.

Chickens are a new venture for us but we are somewhat familiar with them. Friends of ours have been raising meat birds for a few years and they have encouraged us to take the plunge. We have brooded chicks for a friend as a homeschool project and we loved it. We are looking forward to the benefits of caring for these little creatures and raising our own food.

This website has been a wealth of knowledge to us as we have been planning for our new family members. We hope that maybe one day we can return the favour to a new chicken momma/poppa out there!

Glad to be here!
Amy, Joel & kids

Last edited:
Hi! I’m also from Northern Ontario! I’m eagerly awaiting some new chicks at the end of April! Hopefully Spring manages to get this snow out of the way soon, so I can clean up the coop!
Hi! You are close to us. We are in Algoma. Watching the snow melt has become an obsession. Can't wait until I can get outside!

1byc-join-fun.png

Back
Top Bottom