Hello from Placerville, CA

welcome-byc.gif
from WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!

Hi, Hello from Placerville, CA. I just saw your messages from 2012. By now you have your chickens. I too live in Placerville and about 9 weeks ago we got 6 laying chicks and my husband wanted 9 Cornish Cross meat birds.

I'm still doing research learning about raising, breeds, etc. We have Araucana, Australorp, Plymouth Rock Barred, Buff Orphington, and a Welsummer the normal kinds. I'm trying to find Bantam chickens maybe about 6-8 weeks old hoping by then they can be sexed. They are hard to sex as chicks and we don't want to end up with roosters.

We got them at Lee's Feed in Shingle Springs. We buy organic feed from Poultry Palace

Would love to hear how your doing with your flock and what you have. Cjpines

Hi!

I was really excited about having three or four laying hens as egg providers and as pets, but there is an ordinance that prohibits us from having chickens, even a few. I was so disappointed! Apparently, we do not have enough acreage. We only have a 1/3 of an acre lot. :(

Gina in Placerville

We didn't check the ordinance. Our neighbors have chickens, but I don't know how many. We have 1 acre and will not get roosters because we have neighbors who may complain.

What area are you in Pville?

Some areas will only let you have Bantams, small chickens and only so many. Keep in touch, Cjpines

Hello there,

I am moving to Placerville and very interested I having chickens. Do you know how I can figure out zoning laws and if we can have them legally? Any info you have would be great! Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom