Hello From Washington State!

Hello @Hannah Lindblad,
...................................​

:welcome
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! It is very nice to meet you and thank you for joining. You will meet many kind folks here that are incredibly friendly and fun to talk to! :)

Ask any, whatsoever, any questions. We would be please to help you along your journey! So what breeds are you interested in? (I would strongly suggest Buff's... Speckled Sussex's can be a bit curious and really stubborn at times so it is your call).

For a starter breed- Buff's, New Hampshire's and I also suggest Delaware's! There are so many choices and I hope you have a lot of fun choosing.

Have a wonderful evening and God bless! :frow

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen

900x900px-LL-994cc954_WelcometoBYCXtheroad.gif

I like Black Australorps. They will do well in Washington state too

Hi Hannah!

I live in Tukwila and am going on my 2nd winter with my birds. I have Orps, Cuckoo Marans, welsumners that did well last winter.

I was told to stay away from silkies and frizzies unless you will have a heated coop, in the case of the cold snaps we get.

I’m still a novice, but if you got any questions, let me know. And I would recommend Portage Bay in the UW area for supplies (they have a few chick breeds still too).

Or Baxter Barn in Fall City. You do need to make an appt to go buy chicks, it’s a homestead and totally organic on feed and such. They also have other fowl and when I was there today, they had some coops cor sale. One was decent size for four chickens with make an offer.

Back
Top Bottom