Hello, I’m new to the website ~ I come here as a novice looking for information & advice, I know I have come to the right place! HELP PLEASE!

IMLadyHawke

In the Brooder
May 5, 2024
I AM IN URGENT NEED OF ADVICE/INFORMATION!
I have a Canada Goose pair (Zeus & Ophelia) with 5 Goslings on my pond. It is their 4th yr here & it is their 3rd clutch.

A friend gave me a gosling, basically the same age (1.5 weeks) to see if my pair would adopt it, the original parents of this gosling rejected it.

I put it with Zeus, Ophelia & their goslings, & originally it seemed they had accepted it. Within approximately 10 minutes Zeus &
some of the goslings started attacking it. Seems they will not accept it either.

What to do next. I currently have it in a dog crate in my basement with a small heater running. I already had Goose/Gosling food so gave it some and some water.

Is it possible there is something wrong with this gosling bc both pairs rejected it? I can’t just put it out with my pair on the pond, I am concerned they will kill it.
HELP PLEASE! I am sincerely grateful for any advice anyone has to offer.

I AM IN URGENT NEED OF ADVICE/INFORMATION!
I have a Canada Goose pair (Zeus & Ophelia) with 5 Goslings on my pond. It is their 4th yr here & it is their 3rd clutch.

A friend gave me a gosling, basically the same age (1.5 weeks) to see if my pair would adopt it, the original parents of this gosling rejected it.

I put it with Zeus, Ophelia & their goslings, & originally it seemed they had accepted it. Within approximately 10 minutes Zeus &
some of the goslings started attacking it. Seems they will not accept it either.

What to do next. I currently have it in a dog crate in my basement with a small heater running. I already had Goose/Gosling food so gave it some and some water.

Is it possible there is something wrong with this gosling bc both pairs rejected it? I can’t just put it out with my pair on the pond, I am concerned they will kill it.
HELP PLEASE! I am sincerely grateful for any advice anyone has to offer.
Can you post a picture? I would get 2 more geese, as birds are flock animals and might feel sad if they are left alone. You can get a heat lamp for the goose on Amazon, for about $25.

Can you post a picture? I would get 2 more geese, as birds are flock animals and might feel sad if they are left alone. You can get a heat lamp for the goose on Amazon, for about $25.
1714923093198.jpeg

Welcome to BYC!
What species is the gosling? If they've already rejected it then there isn't much you can do to make them accept it. If it is also a Canadian Goose, can you bring it to a rehab?
Hi, thank you. It is a Canada Gosling. It came from rehab, I had a pair of Canada Geese on my pond so I tried to get them to accept it with their 5 goslings. They rejected it as did the pair that hatched it.

Back
Top Bottom