Hello! Looking forward to getting my first chickens!

L2fly

Chirping
Mar 19, 2017
Central Valley, CA
Hi everyone, I've been using this board for doing a lot of research before I get my birds, so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in the Central Valley, CA, and have a decent backyard for being in a neighborhood. I also recently made some diet changes, motivated by my feelings about the current conditions in factory farming, and I'm going to raise some chickens to have a supply of cruelty-free eggs, fresh from my back yard! I've built my coop (a kit from TSC) and am currently researching the best breeds for my needs. I look forward to talking to everyone about raising happy birds!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! How exciting for you to be getting your new chicken adventures started :clap It sure does sound like you are looking forward to getting this new venture underway and there really is nothing better than fresh eggs from your own chickens.

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC. I'm sure you will enjoy all the chicken chat :frow

Hello from Kansas, L2fly, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you in our community! The many articles of the Learning Center is a great resource for you to learn the ropes of proper poultry care: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And if you'd like to chat with some local poultry peeps, find your state thread in this link and say hello: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

G’Day from down under L2fly
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Hello, and welcome to BYC! I am quite glad you joined us, please make yourself at home, I think you are going to like it here! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom