Hello Peep Peoples!

Chroma Critters

Songster
5 Years
Nov 5, 2017
Just took the plunge and actually signed up for an account. Gonna go ahead and follow the suggested new member questions though 'cause I am kind of horrible at introducing myself!

1: I am not new to chickens, but since information and treatments change all the time, I kind of look at myself as a life long learner of critter care and husbandry. My parents had chickens when I was a child and my first nemesis was a Rhode Island Red Rooster which would fly across running water to beat the heck out of me. That was many many years ago though.
I took a break from birds, and every other type of critter, while active duty in the military and for a few years after that as I reintegrated into civilian living, but started back up in 2007-ish with a small floc of around 10 birds.

2: Currently, I live on 5 acres and keep around 50 running around. Life has been good to us so far, but I do have the problem of crows dropping into the coup, stealing eggs and hazing my girls.

3: My floc is actually broken up by size, with a small birds run including: Belgian Antwerp, Golden Seabrights, d'Uccle, Brahma, Japanese, Silver Laced Bronze Wyandotte, Silkie, Cochin, and other various mixed breeds of Bantam. My large bird run houses: Production Red, Araucana, Barnevelder, Blue Cochin, Java, Maran, Orpington, Polish, Sussex, Delaware, and Wyandotte as well as 2 Plymouth Rock roosters.

4: I found out about this site while doing a google search for some hints on an ailing bird. The information saved my bird and I have been lurking every since!

5: My hobby list is huge. Aside from work and family, I sculpt mythical creatures that can be as small as 4 mm in height to 12 feet tall. I work in many materials including water clay, plaster, pal tiya, two part putty, wax, polymer clay, and many mold making and casting materials.
I also love to read, draw, sew, quilt, embroiderer, paint ceramics, ride horses, play computer games, and sip coco in front of a warm fire place on cold snowy days like today!

6: My family consists of my son and daughter, husband, 6 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses, 30 goats, 8 rabbits, and all my birds. My job keeps me hopping, as I am "The Water People" up in the city of Federal Way, WA.

Anyways, I hope this gives a good introduction to who I am and I really hope to give as much quality information as I have gotten over the years on this forum.

Thank you all,

Brandy

:welcome

Hi Brandy, great introduction, thanks for joining us! I'm glad to hear BYC has been helpful to you as it has to many people. What a great variety of birds you keep, feel free to share a photo or two with us.

If you'd like to chat with other members in WA, you can find your state thread with this link:find-your-states-thread.270925

See you around the boards!

Back
Top Bottom