Hello there I'm new to this site ... Was wondering if some one could give me a hand on defining this

Thanks for the welcomes I've seen slot of pics of roosters online that look identical to him but none say what he is I was wondering before I let any sit on what I might end up with I have white leghorn layers

Thanks for the welcomes I've seen slot of pics of roosters online that look identical to him but none say what he is I was wondering before I let any sit on what I might end up with I have white leghorn layers

You're welcome. If you mate him to White Leghorns, you will end up with offspring that is primarily white with perhaps a few black feathers. They should be good layers.

Good deal the leghorns don't seem to be very broody but lay excellent I've got two red clarit game crosses,I was told these were very good sitters but every time one starts sitting as soon as I open the henhouse door they freak out n run outside not to return to the nest lol the games are very high strung

Good deal the leghorns don't seem to be very broody but lay excellent I've got two red clarit game crosses,I was told these were very good sitters but every time one starts sitting as soon as I open the henhouse door they freak out n run outside not to return to the nest lol the games are very high strung

Your right about Leghorns not being broody. It's part of the reason why they are such good layers (broody hens don't lay). Leghorns are also very high strung and flighty. Mine screamed bloody murder every time I handled them. It's why I don't have Leghorns in my flock anymore. But if you don't mind their high strung temperament, they are definitely egg laying machines (especially the white strains).

That they are I also have new hampshires they lay very good don't really wana get them mixed up in the white tho any suggestions on how to get the game hens to start sitting I've left eggs in there for a few days but then removed them in fear theyed spoil and if any one wants to take a crack at that rooster breed from the earlier pics I'd appriciate it

That they are I also have new hampshires they lay very good don't really wana get them mixed up in the white tho any suggestions on how to get the game hens to start sitting I've left eggs in there for a few days but then removed them in fear theyed spoil and if any one wants to take a crack at that rooster breed from the earlier pics I'd appriciate it

There is really no way to kick start hens into broodiness. It's a hormonal thing. All you can do is leave some eggs for them and see if they will set on the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom