Hello!

Hi All! I'm Carmen, I live in Scotland, and I first got chickens five years ago. Here's a pic of my first hen, a lovely Thuringian Bearded named Luzie.
Hello Floopy Buzzlesworth (great name!)~

:welcome:D

Your chookie is beautiful! Never heard of that breed, so pretty and unique!

Haha, well, actually, I'm no fae Scotland either, I've just been living here for the last 18 years. Originally from the same part of Germany as the breed of my chicken, Thuringia

At last ... I lovvvvee germany ...why'd u move??? Deutschland uber alles ... toured germany for 3 months ... spent most of my time eating bratwurst and drinking weissbier (hofbrau) and some thick dried bacon stuff i bought at Kadewe ... they called it swine spec ... but i know it wasn't ..they just didn't want people escaping with their formulas ...it was magical!!!

Hi All! I'm Carmen, I live in Scotland, and I first got chickens five years ago. Here's a pic of my first hen, a lovely Thuringian Bearded named Luzie.

Wow, that is a crazy rare breed! I just did a quick search and there is only one thread (aside from yours) that mentions this breed. You may have the rarest chicken breed on BYC! I wonder if anyone else in America has them? Are they common in Scotland?

At last ... I lovvvvee germany ...why'd u move??? Deutschland uber alles ... toured germany for 3 months ... spent most of my time eating bratwurst and drinking weissbier (hofbrau) and some thick dried bacon stuff i bought at Kadewe ... they called it swine spec ... but i know it wasn't ..they just didn't want people escaping with their formulas ...it was magical!!!

I was young and wild, and Germany was full of sensible grownups that didn't understand meeee! I wasn't quite ready to join them yet. :lol: Plus, Scotland is a very easy place to get stuck in - lovely people and such a beautiful place!

You're bringing back fond memories... I lived in Spandahlem for three years and many years later was able to vacation in Ider Oberstein four times a year for a couple years. I love Germany and regret that I never made it to Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom