Hello!

It will be hard letting him go and separating him from the flock he grew up with. Poor guy. You guys think it'll be difficult for him to find a home?
You can certainly find a new home for him. I have rehomed 6 cockerels and 1 rooster from my flock. Take the best pictures you can of him. Place him in front of some beautiful plants and get one or two really good pictures of him. Post him to CL with a small fee. Join FB poultry groups in your area and advertise him there.
It takes time but it can be done.
He will not only do fine in a new flock, he will thrive. The boys just want a harem of hens to take care of. Don't worry about him.

Sorry for the late welcome, but welcome to BYC! So glad you decided to join us! 😁

View attachment 2535955Thank you all for the warm welcome! Here is my buff brahma next to my brown leghorn. The one I believe has grown to be a rooster. I'll have to find it a new home if it is a he. 💔 Oxnard allows up to 25 hens, but no roosters.

I’m so sorry but that is indeed male. :hugs

It will be hard letting him go and separating him from the flock he grew up with. Poor guy. You guys think it'll be difficult for him to find a home?

Easy? Possibly, but it can also be extremely difficult. It’s a hard world for roosters in a world where everyone wants hens. But it’s not impossible. If you search far and wide, and keep up the search the perfect home will come up eventually, but it takes time. I wish you the best of luck. :hugs:fl

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Back
Top Bottom