Hello!

Alright V,
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for all the wonderful greetings! So far we have two Red Stars hens that live with my Fathers flock of 22 Rhode Island reds. We bought them on clearance as "Production Reds" from TSC this spring. They are free pastured on 2 acres and happily rule the roost, laying two large darker brown eggs almost every day (one each!). They are very friendly and gentle and my son (3yo) has named them Honey and Sexy (don't ask me, I didn't encourage this!). Hopefully when we move from apartment living to our own location we can have a flock of our own, probably mixed. I am learning while I can and being a part-time care takers is actually very nice for us right now.

Thanks for all the wonderful greetings! So far we have two Red Stars hens that live with my Fathers flock of 22 Rhode Island reds. We bought them on clearance as "Production Reds" from TSC this spring. They are free pastured on 2 acres and happily rule the roost, laying two large darker brown eggs almost every day (one each!). They are very friendly and gentle and my son (3yo) has named them Honey and Sexy (don't ask me, I didn't encourage this!). Hopefully when we move from apartment living to our own location we can have a flock of our own, probably mixed. I am learning while I can and being a part-time care takers is actually very nice for us right now.

You're welcome. You and your Father have some really excellent layers. Red Star is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, but no matter what label they are marketed under Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. You never know what children are going to name their pets. :eek:) My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) names our hens after Disney princesses. Good luck in getting your own place and a flock of your own.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom