Help appreciated - Would you mind sharing your homemade/custom chick feed?

NinjaGamer2022

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
Me and my family own many chicks as well as some keets and goslings, ranging from a few months old to as young as ~1 week. Chick and Gamebird starter is becoming scarce where we are and we need a back up option for feeding are flock or we will have to cull birds we didn't want to. Help is greatly appreciated.

Me and my family own many chicks as well as some keets and goslings, ranging from a few months old to as young as ~1 week. Chick and Gamebird starter is becoming scarce where we are and we need a back up option for feeding are flock or we will have to cull birds we didn't want to. Help is greatly appreciated.
Im so sorry to hear that. I am not a expert in feed whatsoever.
Its always nice to grow a garden, most of that would be just treats for the, but still good to have.

Im so sorry to hear that. I am not a expert in feed whatsoever.
Its always nice to grow a garden, most of that would be just treats for the, but still good to have.
We are starting are first garden this year. We also started fermenting are feed. We have feed right now but I fear when we run out. Thank you for the advice.

There's a whole bunch of threads on this, you can use the search tab to find. Keep it mind, it's actually fairly difficult to formulate a complete feed that's affordable.

This thread might be of interest to you. I think a lot of people are having similar issues. My feed isn't going scarce, but the price is sky rocketing tremendously.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ns-if-there-is-no-scratch-or-pellets.1517127/

If push comes to shove, you could fortify an all-flock crumble with nutritional yeast or fish meal. Each have about 50% protein and many of the essential amino acids. A 10:1 mix would be about right.

Back
Top Bottom