HELP baby butt exposed

This looks very strange. Chicks do not normally hatch like that. They usually push the top off the round end of the egg with their head and then wriggle out once the yolk has been fully absorbed. The stuff hanging from the navel is not normal. It might shrivel up and fall off later or you might have to cut it off.

I just put her in a box nested in towels and she is in the garage. It is very warm out there and if nothing else at least she will be comfortable when she goes. Poor little thing. Thank you all for your advice. Now we wait and see what mother nature will decide.

I just put her in a box nested in towels and she is in the garage. It is very warm out there and if nothing else at least she will be comfortable when she goes. Poor little thing. Thank you all for your advice. Now we wait and see what mother nature will decide.
It needs to be under the mother, in an incubator, or in a brooder. Without a heat source it will almost certainly die. :(

I put her in the spare bedroom where we can keep eye on her and have a towel on top of the box. We closed vent so no ac. I really do not think she will make it but she is breathing evenly, not labored.

I put her in the spare bedroom where we can keep eye on her and have a towel on top of the box. We closed vent so no ac. I really do not think she will make it but she is breathing evenly, not labored.
Don't cover the box with the heating pad...and check it often.

I put the box on top of heat and in the box is a fluffy towel with a thin towel on top of box. Just checked and she stretched out her little leg. I feel sorry for her. What a rough start if she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom