HELP! BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA TO THE HEAD, EYE SWOLLEN SHUT

Yes, I think her left eye is her far-seeing eye because she only uses her good eye for looking at the ground.

How is she doing? Healing up okay? I've been thinking about y'all as I nearly lost our coop door during a thunderstorm. After your chicken was injured I swapped it out for a side hinged door with latch.

Chicken hugs! :hugs

How is she doing? Healing up okay? I've been thinking about y'all as I nearly lost our coop door during a thunderstorm. After your chicken was injured I swapped it out for a side hinged door with latch.

Chicken hugs! :hugs
She’s doing amazing! Yeah, we’re going to do something about the door that fell to make it more secure and stop this from ever happening again. It was scary, and we might not be as lucky next time.

She’s doing amazing! Yeah, we’re going to do something about the door that fell to make it more secure and stop this from ever happening again. It was scary, and we might not be as lucky next time.

I shut my Buff Orp, Henrietta's head in our solid oak front door last week. My three layers free roam and are forever trying to sneak in the house! I didn't realize she was behind me until I felt the resistance :hit

She had some swelling but was otherwise okay; we've all been there one way or another!:oops:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 3
I have a chicken that is blind in one eye and she is the smallest of eight. One of the main things that you have to watch with a chicken that is blind in one eye is that they get enough food. I throw the treats on the ground where the girls go into a frenzy and then I always call my blind chicken over to the side when I am giving treats and give her some where the others can’t see and that way she gets her fair share.

I have a chicken that is blind in one eye and she is the smallest of eight. One of the main things that you have to watch with a chicken that is blind in one eye is that they get enough food. I throw the treats on the ground where the girls go into a frenzy and then I always call my blind chicken over to the side when I am giving treats and give her some where the others can’t see and that way she gets her fair share.

I think I love you a little bit now :love - you know, in a crazy chicken lady spotting one of her own kind sort of way :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom