Help! Chick diarrhea but no other symptoms

Mar 6, 2023
California
My Coop
My Coop
So I recently got chicks, 4 initially and I had only regular chick feed (un-medicated) but then I was getting five new chicks from a local farm, and I was concerned about spreading illness so I got the medicated feed and I gave that to them, my 4 chicks always had healthy poops, but now some are starting to get diarrhea but only after introducing the new chicks (which had questionable poop right off the bat) but they have no other symptoms and seem to be healthy. Just the poop. Is this normal? The poop is like a red brown and very liquidy, but still thick ish, also smells bad compared to normal chick poop. Ps sorry I know this is gross

So I recently got chicks, 4 initially and I had only regular chick feed (un-medicated) but then I was getting five new chicks from a local farm, and I was concerned about spreading illness so I got the medicated feed and I gave that to them, my 4 chicks always had healthy poops, but now some are starting to get diarrhea but only after introducing the new chicks (which had questionable poop right off the bat) but they have no other symptoms and seem to be healthy. Just the poop. Is this normal? The poop is like a red brown and very liquidy, but still thick ish, also smells bad compared to normal chick poop. Ps sorry I know this is gross
Pics?

Update, I found out it’s cecal poop! All good :)

Back
Top Bottom