Help choosing a new incubator

Irmavet

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 22, 2016
Mondovì, Italia
Hello!
I sold my old incubator. It was ok but too big for me (49 eggs).
I want choose a smaller one.
Of the same brand, I like a new incubator that can hold 8 eggs. It is very nice and compact and I like that the cover is completely transparent, as you can see inside without open it.
I just wonder if 8 places are too little...
On the other side, there is the incubator with 24 places that is pretty similar to mine old, just smaller.
What do you think?
I'm a very small chicken keeper, I have never hatched so much eggs...
Many thanks for any advice :)
Irma

I’m afraid it can only be your decision. Really is based on how many eggs you wish to hatch at a time. I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 but have sometimes hatched smaller batches in there. Then other times rammed 30 chicken eggs in it....

As said said above, really only you can make that decision. At least you aren’t in my boat with 3 cabinets, 5 hatchers, and a handful of 1588’s running around. Also have a few others that aren’t used. And I am contemplating another cabinet and 2 hatchers.

Update: Finally I choose the small incubator. I'm planning to use it twice/three times this spring and I'll be plenty of chicks. I can't wait to start the hatching season!

Yesterday evening I started my first 2019 batch. 4 Marans eggs and 4 Araucana eggs!
I can't wait to do the first candling!
I really like this new incubator: I can add water from outside without opening it. So temperature and humidity will not change for all the time of incubating. I my old one I need open it every day to put water.

Back
Top Bottom