Help! Day 31 Single Muscovy Pipped Internally

I hope so too! I'm going to try dry incubating this time. Though this one came out perfect, no yellow goo or anything, the other ones seemed a bit wet and gooey.

My area, since it's so close to the water, can get really humid so I don't know if at some point it had a humidity spike.

Attempt number 2 will be underway... and in like 30 something days I'll be here freaking out again and you'll have to talk me off the ledge again. :fl

I love dry incubation! Though the name isn't really accurate, since there is still humidity even if you don't add water. :p Hopefully that will help you get a better hatch.

It's definitely possible. This time, try keeping humidity around 35% if possible - remove vent plugs if it gets too high. 35 is ideal, but if it's 40% or even higher it isn't the end of the world since that's the natural humidity there.

Lol! I don't mind. ;)

I love dry incubation! Though the name isn't really accurate, since there is still humidity even if you don't add water. :p Hopefully that will help you get a better hatch.

It's definitely possible. This time, try keeping humidity around 35% if possible - remove vent plugs if it gets too high. 35 is ideal, but if it's 40% or even higher it isn't the end of the world since that's the natural humidity there.

Lol! I don't mind. ;)

I am incubating shipped muscovy eggs now. I am incubating dry right now, usually the humidity is around 30% to 55% (day 4 today). What percent successful hatch rate have you had with dry incubation and keeping humidity near 35%?

Back
Top Bottom