Help! Diarrhea and acting odd

Yey! Diarrhea is gone! Nice firm poo from everyone, so relived! plus clean up is much easier ;) would highly recommend the pet probiotics to take care of any lingering runs. 2 days and it was completely cleared up.

I've been following this since I had a hen that had similar issues a while back. She had already been dosed with safeguard, so I have her some antibiotics, then hit her with safeguard again. I also gave her probiotics. I think she had an infection due to all the roosters treated her like she was the only hen even though there were over 20 others ..... then I had given probiotics too long (learned the hard way that too much of a good thing is always bad!). It was nice reading what someone else does for a similar problem.

Quote: I was curious what you meant by this? I did not know you could give too much probiotics... However, after 2 doses of probiotics (1 each day) my girl with diarrhea got better, so I didn't give any more. But I would like to know what you meant by that and any clue to how you can tell if you are giving too much probiotic.

I simply gave to much. Probiotics shouldn't be needed daily, only a couple of days after deworming or antibiotics. I didn't know this & continued for a week or more. My hens loose droppings didn't stop until after I stopped the probiotics. The vet said it probably would have stopped a few days earlier had I not continued the probiotics like I had.

Nothing seems to be working for me. Every day a large pile of mushy poop under her roost. I think I am going to try one more round of safeguard and then the butter milk and eggs.

Have you had her fecal tested? She may have an infection. Did you try antibiotics? I did both that, then a second dose of dewormer, & a lot of probiotics. So I don't know what was wrong with mine. I think it was an infection though. Because I had dewormed her a month or two before the fecal issue.

Back
Top Bottom