Help!! Ducklng with hard belly!!

So is there any way I could help it? Maybe give some antibiotics or anything else?

So is there any way I could help it? Maybe give some antibiotics or anything else?
Can you get Baytril (enrofloxacin) or Cipro? Either of those would be good choices if it is a yolk sac infection, though if it is, it's probably too late.
sad.png
It's still not pooping, right?

-Kathy

Can you get Baytril (enrofloxacin) or Cipro? Either of those would be good choices if it is a yolk sac infection, though if it is, it's probably too late. :(  It's still not pooping, right?

-Kathy

I can get Baytril tomorrow, and no it is pooping, but the poop is little. It is like a dot coloured white and brown. And i saw it drinking some water.
How much Baytril should i give it?

You will need to weigh it, and the amount to give depends on it;s weight and the Baytril you get. My Baytril is 10% (100 mg/ml), so I would give 0.01 ml per 100 grams twice a day. Let me know what Baytril you can get and how much it weighs.

-Kathy

You will need to weigh it, and the amount to give depends on it;s weight and the Baytril you get. My Baytril is 10% (100 mg/ml), so I would give 0.01 ml per 100 grams twice a day. Let me know what Baytril you can get and how much it weighs.

-Kathy

I will get whatever they have in the vet store. And I will tell you tomorrow, as soon as I get it.

2.27%, 2.5%, or 5% will be easier to dose for such a small one. So if you have a choice, get the 2.27% or the 2.5%. 

-Kathy

This mornig the little fellow was very bad, it was on his back and couldn't stand. I went and bought Baytril 10%(that's what they've got). Unfortunatelly until I came back it had died.

Back
Top Bottom