Help!! Ducklng with hard belly!!

Well that's completely different. The large belly could mean that it has a yolk sac infection, which is not usually treatable without the help of a veterinarian.

-Kathy

Kathy, i want to thank you with all my heart for all of the advise and answers. This forum is great and i will continue visiting it!! I am from Bulgaria and in my town there isn't vet that knows much about ducklings. I tried talking to a vet, but when i told it is about a duckling he send me away. I myslef am studying veterinary medicine but i am still at the very begginig. Without you and the help of the others in this forum i would know what to do!! I'll give my best to help the ducklings and later i will tell you how they are!!
Once again THANK YOU all!!!

Last edited:

I read them and i think that it may be yolk infection. The belly button has a little crust on it(i thought it was normal since all of my older ducklings had one). I will be able to post a picture later when i get home.

@casportpony
It doesn't look like mine. Mine is with the whole belly swollen, not only around the belly button.

Both peachicks shown above failed to absorb their yolks. Hard to know if they didn't absorb because of infection of if the infection came later.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom