HELP Ducks dying on day 28 I have put safety hole in un pipped egg

Bringing it down thankyou. Do I just leave tonight. Have you had them hatch 29 and beyond xx
I have yes
In fact the last one under mom was day 30 she is now 18 months old and just became a mom herself ( she doesn’t know it but her eggs were incubated and hatched
Yiy have made the safety hole so if baby is alive it will get air

I have yes
In fact the last one under mom was day 30 she is now 18 months old and just became a mom herself ( she doesn’t know it but her eggs were incubated and hatched
Yiy have made the safety hole so if baby is alive it will get air
Would you put holes in the other 3 or just leave them be till tomorrow. Thankyou for your help x

Would you put holes in the other 3 or just leave them be till tomorrow. Thankyou for your help x
I only do safety holes if I see an internal pip smd it’s been 24 hours or if there is a bruise outside the air cell
I never force a hatch as it’s very risky
In my mind if they don’t even attempt to hatch then it wasn’t meant to be
Last summer I lost one like that
It never tried. I don’t know what happened but I would rather loose one that way then have then hatch and struggle then have to put them down myself
I do believe in assisting those that are trying as sometimes the egg is to small and baby gets stuck trying to turn but is still a strong healthy bird
If these eggs get to needing assistance I will help you through it all
Just keep checking the eggs for bruising in case they are just in the wrong position. If a bruise does appear outside the air cell then make a small pin hole on the middle of the bruise and leave the egg for at least 24 hours

I only do safety holes if I see an internal pip smd it’s been 24 hours or if there is a bruise outside the air cell
I never force a hatch as it’s very risky
In my mind if they don’t even attempt to hatch then it wasn’t meant to be
Last summer I lost one like that
It never tried. I don’t know what happened but I would rather loose one that way then have then hatch and struggle then have to put them down myself
I do believe in assisting those that are trying as sometimes the egg is to small and baby gets stuck trying to turn but is still a strong healthy bird
If these eggs get to needing assistance I will help you through it all
Just keep checking the eggs for bruising in case they are just in the wrong position. If a bruise does appear outside the air cell then make a small pin hole on the middle of the bruise and leave the egg for at least 24 hours
Thankyou the egg that died started with bruising yesterday morning. I'm so grateful for your help. X

Pic of egg just now x

Attachments

• 20230515_214541.jpg
    20230515_214541.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 21
I think the little egg with the pin hole in has i live chick in it. im not sure whether i am wishful thinking, im sure i saw something through the tiny pinhole and movement in the egg, again im not sure if you can see movement just under surface of an egg shell with a torch (not candling) just through incubator or if im going mad on hope. Do i recandle the eggs. This one may of internally pipped and has pinhole air hole. the others have nothing??

Back
Top Bottom