Help! Elector psp alternative?????

Thanks! Is that for the .05% spinosad dilution? I bought a spray bottle with .01% of the spinosad, which sounds like it'd be pretty close to the dilution you suggest, if it's the .05%.

There is a reason Elector PSP is so expensive, it's because it's highly concentrated.
Is this what you bought? This is 0.001%, you need a final dilution that's 0.1%
spinosad_2.PNG

Elector PSP is 44.2% = 442 mg spinosad per one ml
Captain Jack's 0.5% = 50 mg spinosad per 1 ml
Captain Jack's Ready to use 0.001% = 0.1 mg per 1 ml

Elector says to mix 8.9 ml to one gallon. 8.9 x 442 mg = 3933 mg per gallon

Does this make sense?

I bought the .01% spray; but I did it after figuring out the dilution you had recommended was about 1:4, and .01 is 1:5 of .05, and that seemed close enough! Yeah, I did the math earlier with Elector PSP's concentration, and you're correct that it's hugely more concentrated - about 1000 times! But, since you only need to use 2 tsp once, it seems overkill to buy it and keep it around. I'll try this and see how it goes. Personally, I'd rather err on too dilute, as I also keep bees (though I read that the bees should be fine if don't come in contact with product within 3 hours of application.
But, I have another question: My mite infestation was quite bad. I applied a bunch of DE and also gave some of the birds some drops of my cat's "Revolution" two nights ago, before reading about spinosad. I saw significantly fewer mites today. Should I wait before applying the Captain Jack's, or go ahead and give it a try, since I am doubtful I could have eradicated them and I really don't want them biting me anymore, let alone the chickens?!

Back
Top Bottom