Help! Feed for my ducklings?

These feeds have the right amount of Niacin needed for ducks.
Screenshot_20190329-155706_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190329-155409_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190329-161801_Chrome.jpg

What type of feed should I be giving my 3 week old ducklings?
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Are you in the US? Adding your general location can help other make the most relevant suggestions possible at a glance. ;)

Is nicain pills?
Niacin is a vitamin... but it can come in pill form. As other have mentioned if it isn't in your feed at the correct amount (55mg/kg) you can supplement using brewers or nutritional yeast.. they contain different levels so amount depends on which one.

Most chicken feeds I have seen hover around 35mg/kg niacin.

If you are in the US Purina flock raiser DOES contain the correct amount of niacin for ducklings/ducks at 55mg/kg of feed. It is not listed on most feed analysis tags as it is not required by law to be there. But any company should be able to give you their complete nutrient profile if you make contact with them. That is how I got the information on the flock raiser. :)

Duckling feed is a bit harder to find, comes in smaller bags, and pricey in my experience. But it's a great option if you have it.

Check out this link for duck nutrition information. It gives exact requirements for different ages. It's also a great resource for other duckling information...
http://www.metzerfarms.com/NutritionalRequirements.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=23775863

So, I did raise my duckling on the Purina FR as well. I never switch and I never experienced any issues with deficiency YET. But some individual birds may need extra supplementation... maybe poor genetics and they aren't processing or absorbing it well enough, a growth heavy growth spurt like in the Giant Pekin breed, or whatever reason. So even when you know you are providing "enough", don't overlook it of you start see an issue. And as always... be aware of how any treats you give are effecting overall nutritional intake values..

How long have you had your babies? What are you feeding them now? Everyone looking normal as far as you can tell? Pics ALWAYS welcome! ;):pop

Also here is the average amounts of niacin in each product as a Niacin supplement.

Brewers yeast
2 tblsp = 10mg (50%)
Screenshot_20190329-170610_Chrome.jpg

Nutritional yeast
2 tblsp = 56mg (280%)
20190329_170331.jpg

Vitamin B complex
Niacin
1 ml = 20mg
20190329_170249.jpg

Liquid vitamin B complex supplement
Niacinamide