Help! First lockdown!

yes amazon has the 1583 for $122.15! im leaning toward that one i think because your right saving that money i could spoil my babies some other way lol and i have extra thermometers and hygrometers anyways that i use! I want to do some silkies and then maybe some quail and ducks for our farm. so im thinking buy another bator so ill have 2 and can double incubate! ahh this is so addicting! i first got the bator for my 4 year old to learn and we love to candle and watch the babies move on the inside and im pretty sure im more addicted than her now! im def. a hands on person and im nervous about this lockdown bc i love to candle my babies at night before their last turn. ive been able to turn them about 5 times a day since im a stay at home mommy. Any suggestion websites or threads would be appreciated! thanks for all your help also!

Yup, that's where I ordered mine. Lol. My silkies are only on day 4 but I have 16 going strong. Just hoping for another 100% hatch..lol I need all I can get. I'm a big candling addict. I love seeing every little phase.
Websites and threads.
My go to humidity guide: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity
My hatching from a hands on perspective guide: http://hatching411.weebly.com/
My favorite candling comparison thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation

Does this first pip look good? Im worried its to far from air sac

Second egg just piped!
I'm so exited this is my first hatch! Def. Won't be my last!!
Thanks everyone for the help!

Try to be patient they could be unzipped in an hour or it could take up to 24 hours the one that pip last May unzip first

yes amazon has the 1583 for $122.15! im leaning toward that one i think because your right saving that money i could spoil my babies some other way lol and i have extra thermometers and hygrometers anyways that i use! I want to do some silkies and then maybe some quail and ducks for our farm. so im thinking buy another bator so ill have 2 and can double incubate! ahh this is so addicting! i first got the bator for my 4 year old to learn and we love to candle and watch the babies move on the inside and im pretty sure im more addicted than her now! im def. a hands on person and im nervous about this lockdown bc i love to candle my babies at night before their last turn. ive been able to turn them about 5 times a day since im a stay at home mommy. Any suggestion websites or threads would be appreciated! thanks for all your help also!
I'm not sure how handy or crafty you are but it is possible to build your own incubator much cheaper than you can buy one. Lots of people people build them out of cooler / ice chest. I have one built out of a ice chest and pictured is one I built out of a repurposed microwave using a repurposed computer fan and cts1000 thermal control I have less than $30 in it

This is taking forever! Its been 8 hours since they piped and nothing else has happened! How long until they start to zip im going to be a nervous wreck all night

How's it going? I had the same incubator for my first hatch-- unfortunately, it didn't go to well.. it was my first time and didn't get a hygrometer to measure humidity temps. I had 3 viable eggs at lockdown.. one pipped thru the air cell and I heard him- but stopped and never heard again. Day 25 I candled- no movement..
so not sure what happened.. it looks like you will have chicks soon!! Keep us posted. Oh and you can use the non slip rubber liners that you use for drawers for your base in the incubator. It has holes where the fan can still breath thru.

Back
Top Bottom