Help!!! found this baby hiding under my truck.... not sure if its a turkey or chicken, or if its a w

That would be another good name for her....Skeckzi! Oh how I hated that movie, though. I didn't at first but after the 20eleventieth time of watching it I'd had enough. I must say, however, that the first time we saw it we were in a movie theater and we took our kids to see it. Sitting behind us were 3 college guys. When the little girl "died", one of the guys behind us yelled out, "Sonsob****es!" His friends razzed him for the rest of the night and he spent the rest of the movie trying to crawl inside his popcorn bucket.

That would be another good name for her....Skeckzi! Oh how I hated that movie, though. I didn't at first but after the 20eleventieth time of watching it I'd had enough. I must say, however, that the first time we saw it we were in a movie theater and we took our kids to see it. Sitting behind us were 3 college guys. When the little girl "died", one of the guys behind us yelled out, "Sonsob****es!" His friends razzed him for the rest of the night and he spent the rest of the movie trying to crawl inside his popcorn bucket.

Lol!! I LOVE that movie! So funny when adults, especially men, get so involved and forget where they are. My 24 year old son did just the same thing watching.....wait for it.....Lilo and Stitch!!!

When the social worker came to take Lilo away from her sister, he called out 'Why can't you just....' before he remembered we were in public and it was a kids' movie. I finished his sentence for him 'Leave them alone?' and told him not to worry, it was bound to have a happy ending. He was soooo embarassed and we've ribbed him ever since! Anytime anyone gets over emotional, we call it 'Having a Lilo moment'.
lau.gif

ofcourse they would all be locked up at night him and his girls in a separate coop.

First off, great story and thanks for taking care of this little guy. :) Here is just my opinion. There are times that Roosters can get along just fine, especially if one has a disability, your current rooster may not see him as a threat. I am not making any promises, but if I were in your shoes, I would just see how things develop and have a back up plan. Free ranging on lots of space is a good idea, and as long as he can get away, and he isn't the only loner. it could work out fine. Start to introduce him to your other chickens from a distance when you take him outside. Try not to stress, he won't mature until around 5 months, and if there is a dominate rooster he likely won't challenge him at that age. Relax and enjoy him for now. :)

Lol my husband is well aware of how chicken math works....he learned that lesson when I had my hens and told him I needed a rooster now.... Lol so he'll just come home one day and notice that there are more than when he left
1f60a.png

Last edited:

You can see his broken beak in this last pic... poor baby
He's starting to get some brown feathers... any thoughts on breed?
Isn't he turning into such a handsome boy???

Yes he sure is!!
love.gif

Love him!
yesss.gif

Good Luck and have a wonderful Journey raising him!!
highfive.gif

Turkenstein25

Awww, he looks so much better. I have a little roo that was wandering around in the woods outside the coops and runs area. I caught him and he was in bad shape too. I was told that he looks like a game breed mix that may have been used for fighting. I have him quarantined giving him unlimited food and water. His beak is splintered and some of his top beak in missing. It remided me of your little guy. I will do my best to get him back healthy again. He was starving.

Back
Top Bottom