Help!! Got them 3 days ago today is their 3rd night here

matisse43

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2016
Salinas, CA
Started to feed them turkey starter. Today I started fermented turkey starter on them and someone I do not know who I believe lay to work there's no way that this is not a worm unless I'm going crazy. Added de to their feed and now I'm thinking they're only three days old I may have gone too far. What can I do for them how is the possible to three day old chicks can have this I was told that they had just hatched in fact I literally watched him pull some babies out of an incubator and add them to my box he said the ones in the brooder or 24 to 48 hours old so max age is about 5 days. Any help would be great

Looks like a gape worm but cant be sure "the photo is blury"! Safeguard for Goats (fenbendzol). give them a drop per day for 5 days with a syringe on the 3 day old.

Last edited:
I've heard of worms getting into eggs?
1f633.png

Yeah, I have heard that too...and it makes sense.

If the female has worms, the worm or its egg can get into the egg before the bird develops the egg shell. Most parasite eggs are so small they can flow in the blood stream and if they are that small, then its a good possibility/probability to believe the later.

However, I hear it is just certain types....but I think any type worm in the body could pass the parasite egg along....no matter the type. Then the incubation and development causes it to grow to a larva state ..........

Vets test (fecal float test) using a microscope just to see the eggs...so you know them critters are to small to see with the naked eye.

Back
Top Bottom