Help growth on turkey face.

I had a turkey with that exact thing. It was a bacterial infection. Some Orbax and eyedrops of kinds cleared it right up. Vet prescription may be required.

Heck if I know, I just care about the animal first. The animal's health is more important than me having excess meat. Plus I don't kill my own birds to eat them. No matter how they die, I bury them with tears in the backyard.

I had a turkey with that exact thing. It was a bacterial infection. Some Orbax and eyedrops of kinds cleared it right up. Vet prescription may be required.
Quote:

I am trying to find info on it but have only found that it is similar to baytril which is not approved for poultry or animals meant for consumption

Also, this is not a "growth" as you thought but swelling from an immune response. Turkeys are prone to nasal infections and that's probably what this is.

Heck if I know, I just care about the animal first. The animal's health is more important than me having excess meat. Plus I don't kill my own birds to eat them. No matter how they die, I bury them with tears in the backyard.

I am trying to find info on it but have only found that it is similar to baytril which is not approved for poultry or animals meant for consumption

Orbax is in the same family as Baytril, so it's banned for use in food poultry. Baytril *is* approved for use in cattle and swine when used as directed.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom