HELP...Hatched but its got a bloody butt!!!

try drieing it off as much as possible and put cornstarch on the part thats bleading.

Also add something like a wash cloth on the bottum. Or the wire will just pull off the clot and bleed some more.

Watch it good

I had a chick that didnt absorb all its yolk when it hatched. and when I came back an hour later the yolk was all over my incubator and a dead chick.
Don't want to scare you though

so good luck

She seems to be ok. I had to walk a way a bit!! I'm sick myself. I'm on chemo and I was getting sooo upset. I was making myself sick! But she seems alright. There are 2 others that pipped this morning and 23 that are still in there that have done nothing. The temp is ok but the humidity has dropped a little now.

I cant offer any technical advise as I havent hatched any eggs in about 15 years but try to calm down. You are doing fine and sometimes you can do everything right but things still go wrong. Do your very best and try to find peace in that.

I did the same thing years ago when my welsh mare gave birth. That was the first and last horse birth I was involved in... talk about pressure !

You will be fine and we all have to learn.

Charlotte:D

Dear ChickLuver; Charlotteda is right, even when you do everything right, sometimes there is a different plan.. Just opened my "doing nothing" egg, arrested developement at probably day 15 or 16. Everyone else doing well, so probably not much I could have done. Still sad, though!!

You most DEFINITELY have to take care of YOU first, or you will have a heck of a time snuggling and playing with all those babies that I am sure you will have! Am glad that your Mom & Dad are there to help!!
hugs.gif

Sounds like you did everything humanly possible to help your lil' Silkie baby, I bet she will be just fine, now. Mine is doing GREAT
big_smile.png

For what it's worth, it's a REALLY long story, but I just had surgery last Friday to avoid future chemo myself!! And as much as I looooooove my chickie kids,
big_smile.png
gotta make sure I don't run myself silly & make myself sick, or I won't be much good to ANYTHING!!... You, too!!!! Take it easy & don't make yourself sick... you will soon have a lot of chickies that need lots of care!!!!

How's your humidity & temp now? How many pips, etc? Mine generally took at least 12 hours from pip to zip, then anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours from zip to hatch
barnie.gif
!!!!! Felt like MUCH longer, though!
th.gif
!!

Good luck, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!
lol.png

welcome to the world cupcake. (although I'm thinking your little chicky is a drama queen....)

Chicknluver, take a deep breath and relax. Make sure he eats and drinks when he should and he'll probably pull through just fine.

Quote:
Hang in there Jennifer...I got the pics, the little babe looks so precious, I hope all is well. You are doing all you can, but you need to take care of you too, so you can take care of them! And about the others, dont forget, California to New York was a LLOOONNGG trip, plus they arent really due til the 12th, are they? Give them time, you're doing great! One precious little cupcake, how cute!
Thank you for keeping me updated, you are sweet!
Tina

Back
Top Bottom