Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

RIR0BCM

Songster
7 Years
Nov 7, 2014
i have goose eggs in my incubator and today i checked the eggs and was surprised to hear pipping in one of them how long will it take for it to fully hatch ??
the egg is on day 29

also this is my first time hatching goose eggs i never raised goslings before so any advice would be greatly appreciated ...
thanks !!

Last edited:
i can only hear pipping from inside
the shell is not cracked and its been one day is it normal ? should i keep turning the egg ?

i can only hear pipping from inside
the shell is not cracked and its been one day is it normal ? should i keep turning the egg ?

If they are set to hatch in a day or two I would definitely stop turning the eggs. The chicks need to position themselves to hatch and turning makes that much harder (at least for chicken eggs).

I think so too im gonna stop turning it and ill update once im home thanks !!!

Day 31 still no pip should i be worried ? Humidity is 50% and temp is 37.5
Please help !!!!

update :
its day 35 for the goose egg and there is still no pip
so i decided to make a little hole in the air cell to see if the gosling needs help
to my surprise the gosling is still alive and there are still veins in the membrane so i returned it to the incubator

its my first time hatching goose eggs i read that goose eggs take 28-35 days to hatch and mine is already 35 days with no pip so i thought it may need assisting i also read that if they are still alive they can get stuck to the shell or die or drown unless they are helped out ...

do you think the gosling will make it ?
i didn't rupture the membrane only the air cell

update :
its day 35 for the goose egg and there is still no pip
so i decided to make a little hole in the air cell to see if the gosling needs help
to my surprise the gosling is still alive and there are still veins in the membrane so i returned it to the incubator

its my first time hatching goose eggs i read that goose eggs take 28-35 days to hatch and mine is already 35 days with no pip so i thought it may need assisting i also read that if they are still alive they can get stuck to the shell or die or drown unless they are helped out ...

do you think the gosling will make it ?
i didn't rupture the membrane only the air cell
Hang on just PM'd someone hopefully she'll be on this morning make sure to keep your bator closed and what is the humidity?

humidity is 55-60%
temp is 37.5 Celsius

thanks for the help i desperately need it
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom