Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

RIR0BCM

Songster
7 Years
Nov 7, 2014
i have goose eggs in my incubator and today i checked the eggs and was surprised to hear pipping in one of them how long will it take for it to fully hatch ??
the egg is on day 29

also this is my first time hatching goose eggs i never raised goslings before so any advice would be greatly appreciated ...
thanks !!

Last edited:
I have chinese show geese she laid one egg last she has not sat on it we not messed with it either.yesterday she laid three sat on them half them today she rolled over andcthats it what should we do never had geese before any suggestion please?

If you plan on letting her to all the work... then I would number the eggs so you know which one is the oldest and decided how many eggs you want her to have (suggest 4-8) then wait. When she decides it's time to go set you will know. She will be glued to the nest with the exception of normally 2x a day when she gets up to eat, drink, poo and stretch. How long she is off the nest during these breaks depends on the temperature and the stage of the eggs.

Temperature change can cause them to be way late. Waiting is the hard part... as anyone that has ever hatched waterfowl knows. When you get a chance between hatches calibrate your thermometers... you can find information on line for how to do it. As for breathing... if you had not opened the egg baby wouldn't be exposed to air yet. Wait... I know it's hard. Normal time line is... you hear baby, the air cell gets HUGE as baby gets into position.... then baby internally pips, then naps.... externally pips 12 to 24 hours later... then naps... hatches 12 to 24 hours after that

Candle the others... and keep an eye on them that way.

Adorable pics and Congrats on all 3 of them. as for food they usually don't eat for the first 24 hours because they are living on the yolk sac they absorbed, after that though you need to offer chick feed not laying feed too much calcum in the layer. offer food and water both together because they need to be able to wash their food down and clean out their nares. make sure you keep them warm too very important they don't chill.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings

x2
Layer for one and I understand some say no medicated chick feed, I've always fed an all flock I can't get duck feed here. You might want to buy some Nutritional yeast of Brewers yeast and sprinkle about 1 tab to 1-2 cups of feed since chick feed doesn't have the amount of niacin water fowl babies need to have strong legs and they can also have neurological problems if they get niacin deficient.Not baking yeast though.

Any more pips and do you have the 2 gosling together?
Poly-vi-sol with out iron is good to keep on hand if you can't get the brewers yeast. It's in the infant vitamins.

Thanks for the link .. They have a heat bulb and they have food and water
Is there any type of food they should not eat ??
if you give them anything besides the chick feed they will need grit. Also any grass ect you give make sure to shop it small.

i can only hear pipping from inside
the shell is not cracked and its been one day is it normal ? should i keep turning the egg ?

i can only hear pipping from inside
the shell is not cracked and its been one day is it normal ? should i keep turning the egg ?

If they are set to hatch in a day or two I would definitely stop turning the eggs. The chicks need to position themselves to hatch and turning makes that much harder (at least for chicken eggs).

I think so too im gonna stop turning it and ill update once im home thanks !!!

Day 31 still no pip should i be worried ? Humidity is 50% and temp is 37.5
Please help !!!!

Back
Top Bottom