Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

ok ill keep it moist i will check on it every now and then to make sure it doesn't dry
how long will it take for the gosling to absorb the veins ?

Hard to say at this point.. when your checking on it see if they are getting smaller and starting to disappear. and watch for the baby to externally pip.

I'm rooting for you both RIROBCM
fl.gif

Is the baby talking? or has it not pipped through the membrane yet?

There are still veins ... that means your baby isn't ready to hatch yet... loosely cover the egg with a damp wash cloth or paper towel to keep the membrane from drying out. Odds are your temp. is running a degree or two low. Take a deep breath and wait... I know it's hard but babies never look at the calendar.
hugs.gif

Thanks Miss Lydia
hugs.gif
Thank you psue
hugs.gif

hi the gosling is still alive and moving no it has not piped the membrane yet so i cant hear it talking

im trying to keep it moist by keeping humidity high and covering it with a damp towel

i dont see the beak behind the membrane.
i think the veins are getting smaller.
it is moving but not much does it mean anything ?
idunno.gif

hi the gosling is still alive and moving no it has not piped the membrane yet so i cant hear it talking

im trying to keep it moist by keeping humidity high and covering it with a damp towel

i dont see the beak behind the membrane.
i think the veins are getting smaller.
it is moving but not much does it mean anything ?
idunno.gif
I'll let psue guide you since she is experienced but if your seeing the veins getting smaller that's a good sign. Maybe she'll say to open the membrane if you don't see any veins just enough where the gosling can get air. Talk to it. through the bator .
In the mean time maybe do some reading https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Last edited:
Great info !!!
And thanks !!!
Veins and blood are still visible i think it needs another day or two
I dont think its going to pip on its own

Great info !!!
And thanks !!!
Veins and blood are still visible i think it needs another day or two
I dont think its going to pip on its own
Probably so just keep doing what your doing and hopefully psue will be on soon. So maybe tomorrow would be a good time to think of giving it some air but we'll wait to hear from experts. Hang in there.

It still has time... and they sleep a lot right before hatch...
As long as you see veins (they really do shrink to nothing) baby is still not ready. Where you opened the egg is far enough from where baby should pip that it should not be an issue. Notice I keep saying SHOULD nothing in new life is ever definite. Talk to the baby anytime your close... the response really does your heart good. Hang in there
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom