HELP! Hen having red poop, worried

Riverbend Farms

Songster
Apr 21, 2022
California
My 1 and a half year old OEGB hen had some almost bloody looking poop today and I am a bit worried, is this just occasional? What could it be? I feed my bantams layer crumble and they have been drinking lots of water and have been getting tons of watermelon. It has been very hot lately up to 108 Fahrenheit for a couple days at a time. She has no health issues I know of and I wormed and dipped her in permethrin (for mites) a month ago. Please answer me!
IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_3770.jpeg

My 1 and a half year old OEGB hen had some almost bloody looking poop today and I am a bit worried, is this just occasional? What could it be? I feed my bantams layer crumble and they have been drinking lots of water and have been getting tons of watermelon. It has been very hot lately up to 108 Fahrenheit for a couple days at a time. She has no health issues I know of and I wormed and dipped her in permethrin (for mites) a month ago. Please answer me!
View attachment 3586894
View attachment 3586895
Hi I think Coccidiosis is a parasitic disease of the intestinal tract of animals caused by coccidian protozoa. The disease spreads from one animal to another by contact with infected feces or ingestion of infected tissue. Diarrhea, which may become bloody in severe cases, is the primary symptom.

Hi I think Coccidiosis is a parasitic disease of the intestinal tract of animals caused by coccidian protozoa. The disease spreads from one animal to another by contact with infected feces or ingestion of infected tissue. Diarrhea, which may become bloody in severe cases, is the primary symptom.
Did you shift Feeds?

Because in my previous experience right after I shift feeds to my 2month old Chicks from Starter Booster to Crumble thats what happen. Then I did research and found out it was Coci so I look for a preventive maintenance which is everytime I do transitional Feeding I need to apply Totrazuril for 2 days and slowly introduce the new feeds. For info. Toltrazuril is a triazinetrione derivative administered orally in the drinking water for the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and turkeys. The recommended dose and duration of treatment for chickens and turkeys is 7 mg/kg bodyweight per day for two consecutive days.

You can get Corid right away and start treatment for possible coccidiosis. Give the maximum dosage 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Treat all birds, and change solution daily.

Did you do a second treatment of permethrin for the mites?

Back
Top Bottom