Help I closed egg incubator

Brandi y

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2023
Help I’m on day 17 and egg turner is still on and 2 eggs have piped. Little crack. Eggs moving and chirping humidity still not up it wasn’t time amd egg turner still in and on timer. Do I open remove egg turner? 7 eggs in?? Help

What incubator are you using? Can you turn off the turner or unplug it without opening the incubator?
Can you add water to up the humidity without opening the incubator?

What incubator are you using? Can you turn off the turner or unplug it without opening the incubator?
Can you add water to up the humidity without opening the incubator?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 9
I have never used that type of incubator but I believe if you unplug the wire on the right of you picture labeled egg turner it should stop turning. Or you could possibly change something in the menu to bump the days forward so it stops turning. I suggest you look through your manual and see if it says either of those are an option.

I know the incubator but haven't used one so not real familiar.
Idk if you can reset the countdown so it will turn the turner off itself but I do believe there's a wire that plugs in for the turner. If so I'd just unplug the turner.
Personally I'd leave the turner in but have it off so it doesn't turn.
You can add water from the outside to get the humidity to hatch amount.
I'd add water now. Getting the humidity where it needs is most important imo.
You can pull the turner just don't take any longer then necessary. I've moved eggs that were hatching from one incubator to a completely different incubator with success but imo leaving the turner in but off is less risky.
Breath, it will be fine.

I know the incubator but haven't used one so not real familiar.
Idk if you can reset the countdown so it will turn the turner off itself but I do believe there's a wire that plugs in for the turner. If so I'd just unplug the turner.
Personally I'd leave the turner in but have it off so it doesn't turn.
You can add water from the outside to get the humidity to hatch amount.
I'd add water now. Getting the humidity where it needs is most important imo.
You can pull the turner just don't take any longer then necessary. I've moved eggs that were hatching from one incubator to a completely different incubator with success but imo leaving the turner in but off is less risky.
Breath, it will be fine.
Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much!!! I forgot about that wire. This is my second time. The first time they all hatched on time!
So I’m still 5 days out 2 eggs pipped humidity at 65 now egg turner off, so will the other eggs be ok not turning?

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much!!! I forgot about that wire. This is my second time. The first time they all hatched on time!
So I’m still 5 days out 2 eggs pipped humidity at 65 now egg turner off, so will the other eggs be ok not turning?

If the other eggs are the same age, or within a few days of the same age, they will be fine with no turning.

Turning is more important in the early stages of incubation, less important later, and obviously not needed at all when the eggs are ready to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom