HELP I need a new breed

Beginner2015

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 24, 2014
So here's the story - I live with my parents

My cousin fights chickens and my family dosent like him because of it but I got some game chickens (whith no intention to fight) and my family freaked out thinking I was going to fight them and I really took a likening to the breed I want to know another bred of chicken I could get that isn't American game so they wouldn't recognize them as fighting chickens ? I hate this bad name that these amazing birds carry the tamest breed of chicken I ever had is a miadegen grey broodcock.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Production Red.

Great egg layers and docile.

They are mixed with Rhode Island RedXNewhampshireXsome times white leghorn.Each breeds a good layer an d very docile.
If your looking for a pet,taming them is eassy.

Mines roost,sun/dust bath etc with me.

If you don't mind hybrids, I would suggest Black Sex Links (Black Stars) which are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. If you want a standard breed, I would suggest Black Australorps. They are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breed. A Black Australorp hen holds the brown egg laying record with 364 eggs in 365 days. Whatever breed or hybrid you decide to get, good luck with your flock.

Thank you for replying.... I know a guy who has some silver laced wynadottes and I think I'll get those to breed and then just mixed hens

I'd advocate keeping with game birds and using your keeping to demonstrate the fact that there is another side to the breed and those that keep them

Back
Top Bottom