HELP -- I think she has fowl pox + upper respiratory infection!!

dixiechick

Songster
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
North Central Florida
I think my best girl has fowl pox in addition to an upper respiratory infection. We noticed 3-4 days ago that she had a "bubbly" eye and started her on meds. The eye, of course, became more swollen and eventually affected both eyes...Now they are completely shut...In checking her over this morning, I noticed the pox on her wattles, comb, and nose area.

She is completely BLIND now...I have to offer her medicated water with a plastic spoon.

She is thirsty but the pox in her throat aggrevate her, and she scratches her neck. She won't eat. The pox will run its course in 2-4 weeks and is not treatable.

Here's my question: How can I get her to eat? Anyone ever had this before? What to do?? How long can she go without food?

Last edited:
I use products from a company called The Holistic Horse, they carry a lot of natural products for poultry and they work great. They have something for Blackhead disease. Not sure if it's the same thing but the symptoms are very close. Maybe give them a call they have helped me out when I needed answeres. Hopefully someone who has experianced this will reply to you.

Karen

Back
Top Bottom