Help in Identifying Hen Or Rooster?

ManaMango

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2024
Colorado
Hello everyone! Hope your day is going good.
This is my first time raising chickens. And I need some help in identifying one of my Easter Eggers. Would anyone be able to take a look at my majestically bearded chicken and tell me what gender they think he/she is?
I live in the city so I can't have roosters. I bought all my chickens as day old chicks. And they were all vent sexed prior to shipping but I know sometimes the boys make it in with the girls by accident.
The photos attached is of Meatball, who is 8 weeks old. However, Meatball has been testing their lungs for the past couple of weeks with some baby crowing. I'm worried my neighbors might complain to the city since Meatball likes singing.
I have noticed redder comb, more dominant behavior (very nice to me though, likes to demand being picked up and pet), and just recently growing some longer curving tailfeathers.
I'm hoping this is just Meatball being very manly. But I wanted to ask the pros as soon as possible to make sure. That way I can try to rehome Meatball outside the city where singing is allowed.
Thanks in advance for any wisdom!

Attachments

• 20240505_184713.jpg
    20240505_184713.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240505_184724.jpg
    20240505_184724.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 18
Those rules suck. I hate that I live somewhere with them as well. Not saying to do this or anything but you could always wait until someone complains before getting rid of him…

Aw, I somewhat figured he was a boy but wanted to double check since he is so sweet :(. I will see if I can get him rehomed. If anyone lives outside of the city limits of Colorado Springs and would like to have this handsome young man, please dm me.

However, Meatball has been testing their lungs for the past couple of weeks with some baby crowing.
Sorry, if he is already crowing that means he is a rooster. We are only allowed to keep roosters if our neighbors don't mind it and thankfully they actually enjoy our roosters crowing. Maybe you should ask to see if they are ok with it without revealing you own a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom