Help! Lethargic pullet

The cheek coop

Crowing
Jun 20, 2023
London Ky
I went out this morning and found this girl sitting on the roost bar while the others were already out. I got her down and she was motionless. Her eyes open and her head shakes. She did have watery poop on the roost. No sign of mites and the crop isn’t swollen. She will not eat or drink. She was fine yesterday morning when I let them out but i worked late last night and the were already roosting when I went to shut them in.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
How old is she? Is she low in the pecking order or could she have been injured by others. If she is young, I would be tempted to treat with Corid for possible coccidiosis. How does her crop feeling this morning. Is it empty? Can you get her drinking some fluids and offer some scrambled egg bits and wet chicken feed up to her beak?

How old is she? Is she low in the pecking order or could she have been injured by others. If she is young, I would be tempted to treat with Corid for possible coccidiosis. How does her crop feeling this morning. Is it empty? Can you get her drinking some fluids and offer some scrambled egg bits and wet chicken feed up to her beak?
She is about 4 months old she is at the bottom of the pecking order but the others never bother her. Crop is fine.

Back
Top Bottom