HELP... Looking for a couple chicks in NE Ohio!

HMK123

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 17, 2007
My little 5 year old neice is CRAZY for chickens... When she grows up she wants a chicken farm... But she lives on an army base so the only chickens she sees are on my farm when she visits a couple times a year.

I was holding off on buying my new chickens until I knew when they were coming and by the time my sister gave me dates on when they were coming we could not get the Dominiques (the breed we have decided to focus on for the time being) before her visit. Our coop is not huge so we decided we could not get an assortment of 25 rare birds they had for delivery then, we need mainly one kind because we want to start breeding for our own chicks soon and our coop only has room for about 40 and we currently have 11!

My sister has told her there are no baby chickens at the farm, that means that she will adopt an egg and want to carry it around with her the whole time she is here. Even though we have told her that we have no rooster so there can NEVER be any chicks in the eggs, she will hold them up to her ear and listen, and she refuses to eat any egg that is not white!

So it would be amazing if in the next week I could find someone in North east ohio who would let me buy 2 or 3 chicks from them.

If you know anyone please let me know and you will make a little girl very happy!

Last edited:
check with schools. a lot of them hatch a few chicks in the classroom (like pre-k and k) and need homes. i've got 2 going home with me tomorrow for this reason.
stacylynn

where are you located? i got some from Meyer Hatchery, they're in Polk. That's probably north central OH.

Back
Top Bottom