Help me confirm sex and breed of my 8 week-olds?

lizgarf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Hi,
I just got my first chickens and I'm very excited about them. I got them from a local woman who has only been raising chickens for a year, and she got these as little babies from someone else, I think, as a straight run. She had tried to sex them, but wasn't 100% sure. I really hope they're all pullets because roosters aren't allowed in my city, and I'm vegetarian to boot, so I just want their eggs, not their bodies. ;)
They're all pretty horizontal in orientation, rather than vertical the way young roosters seem to be. And they all cluck in a very dainty fashion. But, my frizzle has a decent comb and some red wattles starting to form.
Any help on sex and breed is most welcome! She said they're between 7-9 weeks old.

Here is Rousseau (named after my childhood persian cat - striking resemblance!- named after the French philosopher). Definitely a frizzle, but not sure what kind:

Here is Bettina, who is supposed to be a dark Brahma, but I'm open to other thoughts:

Here is Grace (named after Grace Jones). She is the friendliest
:

And finally, Sandy (the song from Grease popped in my head for some reason while thinking of her name). She is the most skittish, so it was hard to get a good picture. She is on the far left in both shots. She has really pretty colors, black head, tan bits in the breast and neck, and gray laced with dark gray on her tail. I don't know what she is at all - maybe some sort of EE?

Thanks in advance! This site has been very helpful in preparing for my new babies!

Thanks! Is there agreement so far that they're pullets? Any thoughts on what else I should be looking for? (I'm completely in love with them, by the way).

Back
Top Bottom