HELP ME DECIDE WHAT BREED TO GET!

Pics

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Here's what I want in a chicken:
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Get along well with other chickens
Feather feet ok
Perfer heat tolerance (but I am not going to not get a bird because it is not).
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Here's what I want in a chicken:
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Get along well with other chickens
Feather feet ok
Perfer heat tolerance (but I am not going to not get a bird because it is not).
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!
Same or separate enclosure?

The reason I ask is because I'm obsessed with my RIR pullet but RIRs may not mix well with smaller or very docile breeds. She's a huge cuddle bug on her terms which is fine. She will hop up and sit with me, sometimes she likes scratches and sometimes she politely refuses and hops down. She gently tugs at my clothes for my attention.
AirBrush_20220801190734.jpg
PXL_20220801_204334610.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220727_215840983.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220727_000532103.PORTRAIT.jpg
AirBrush_20220723084400.jpg
PXL_20220721_224039662.jpg

Last edited:
Same enclosure, I really need a breed that won't pick on the others as I have a silkie hen (who I am very protective of) who is often bullied by the others. Also do you mean bantam RIRs?
I don't think that they will work but thanks for the reply and help!

Since your birds are bantams, how about barbu de watermael or D'anvers. The pullets seems very friendly and easy going.
Thanks! I do have some standards but I only want to add bantams now. I will look into those breeds!

Back
Top Bottom