HELP ME DECIDE WHAT BREED TO GET!

Some cute true bantams are Japanese bantams, Sebrights, Barbu d'Anvers, Booted Bantams, Old English game bantams, Dutch bantams, Rosecomb bantams, and Pekin bantams (also called bantam cochins, but they're technically a true bantam breed of their own).
Thanks! Perkins are the same as bantam cochins!?

Thanks! Perkins are the same as bantam cochins!?
Yes! Both names are referring to the same breed, but they're called bantam Cochins in the U.S. and Pekin bantams pretty much everywhere else in the world. Not sure why we call them bantam Cochins in the U.S. when they're technically a different breed that just have the same characteristics as a regular Cochin.

Yes! Both names are referring to the same breed, but they're called bantam Cochins in the U.S. and Pekin bantams pretty much everywhere else in the world. Not sure why we call them bantam Cochins in the U.S. when they're technically a different breed that just have the same characteristics as a regular Cochin.
That's so weird! I always thought they look so similar.

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Here's what I want in a chicken:
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Get along well with other chickens
Feather feet ok
Perfer heat tolerance (but I am not going to not get a bird because it is not).
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!
Definitely. D'uccles. U should get the porcelain kind! What hatchery do you get chickens from?

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Here's what I want in a chicken:
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Get along well with other chickens
Feather feet ok
Perfer heat tolerance (but I am not going to not get a bird because it is not).
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!
Buff Brahmas are amazing, and they qualify for what you are looking for

Back
Top Bottom