Help me identify my ducklings breeds?

Hello, I’m a new duck mom and I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what breeds my little babies are? I’m pretty sure the darker ones are Rouens since they have 2 stripes by their eyes but the other ones have spots or a darker undertone so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I’ve had friends with Pekin ducklings before and they look similar but I’ve never seen them with spots or what looks like stripes forming on their heads. Thanks so much in advance! 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 2
Updated picture of my babies again- I’m obsessed with them 🥰 excuse the boards surrounding them like a prison, two of them got out when I had them swimming and a neighbors dog got them. I am now taking extreme cautions when giving them outside time to protect my other 4 that are in the picture now.
So sorry that happened. Dogs can be so quick as you now know. I am glad you are taking extreme cautions to protect the rest of them.

Officially penned in with a coop now 😊 we are trying Astroturf for now and the pond area is still under construction and we’ll have pea gravel/river rock on that side 😊 the ducks love it so far and don’t try to eat the turf but love being outside 💕 I think I have 2 Pekins (although the one has to be a mix due to the black spot on its head) and a silver appleyard for the smaller yellow duckling. 3 of them have quacked and the other one still has a baby sound so not sure about them yet 😊

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8362.jpeg
    IMG_8362.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
It
I’m sorry you lost a few please consider fencing dogs and other predators can snatch a duck in a split second as you found out.
It wasn’t our dogs but a neighbors dog that ran into our yard out of nowhere and scared them out of the makeshift enclosure I had them in. I was sitting there with them and tried getting the dog away but it was too late. Our dogs were in the house thank goodness, not sure what would have happened as they are very protective of our ducklings

It

It wasn’t our dogs but a neighbors dog that ran into our yard out of nowhere and scared them out of the makeshift enclosure I had them in. I was sitting there with them and tried getting the dog away but it was too late. Our dogs were in the house thank goodness, not sure what would have happened as they are very protective of our ducklings
I hope that you let your neighbor know what happened and made them pay restitution for your loss. If not they might not care if it happens again. I am sorry that you loss some.

Back
Top Bottom