What breed of duck is this?

KathiQuacks

Crowing
May 7, 2022
Central TX
Hello! About a week ago, I took in two female ducks from one of our family friends. One is certainly a Blue Swedish, but I’m quite stumped on the breed of the other. Our family friend said she’s a Buff Orpington, but I’m not so sure. Any ideas? Most notably, she has very intricate wings, a darker head with eye stripes, and a splotchy pink and black bill. Oh, and I know she looks very tall and mighty in the last few pictures, but she’s not a runner lol! Thanks!

IMG_8406.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg
IMG_8411.jpeg
IMG_8413.jpeg
IMG_8416.jpeg

Alright, I’ve got an answer, but it’s leaving me a bit confused. These are the potential parents of the girl above:

IMG_1445.jpeg
IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

The Pekins and light brown one are all female, and the dark, brownish-grey one is a male. None of their colorings seem to match with my girl at all, but I don’t know genetics very well. I guess the new question is: What breeds are these ducks? Lol

Are you sure on the Khaki Campbell? The light brown female seems too light to be a Khaki.
Dad = khaki plus blue runner??? or is he a khaki Campbell plus blue Swedish?
Mom = The buff duck

So your baby is a khaki buff blue runner mix- or a khaki Campbell buff blue Swedish mix??
super cute!

The mama being the buff explains why your friend says the baby is buff. but Yeah, the dad was involved too lol

Alright, I’ve got an answer, but it’s leaving me a bit confused. These are the potential parents of the girl above:

View attachment 3708693View attachment 3708694
View attachment 3708695

The Pekins and light brown one are all female, and the dark, brownish-grey one is a male. None of their colorings seem to match with my girl at all, but I don’t know genetics very well. I guess the new question is: What breeds are these ducks? Lol
The drake looks like my boy
He is a pekin ( mom ) khaki ( dad ) cross
If he mated the white girls you could get that brown girl
I have got black and browns that have those markings from my drake and my pekin mating

Back
Top Bottom