Help me select 7-8 week old females?

At that age I wouldn't expect to see much colour to a pullets comb.

Comparing them while you a there will help. Choose the ones with the smallest pale combs and little to no wattle growth or colour.

I'm not sure feathers would help at this stage, I think they need to be older but I'm not very experienced and just saying what I would look for.

I guess there are no guarantees but I think that would give you a good chance at least.

At that age I wouldn't expect to see much colour to a pullets comb.

Comparing them while you a there will help. Choose the ones with the smallest pale combs and little to no wattle growth or colour.

I'm not sure feathers would help at this stage, I think they need to be older but I'm not very experienced and just saying what I would look for.

I guess there are no guarantees but I think that would give you a good chance at least.
This exactly. At that age the best thing to go by is size and color of comb and wattles, and it is a lot easier when there is a mix of males and females, so you can judge by comparison. If all the birds have larger combs/wattles, then my advice is to not buy any.

I put on my reading glasses to look at the pictures, but even still I really cannot tell. There is a black bird that looks to have a small crest that looks female, but otherwise I can't judge.

No, I can't go and get photos and unfortunately she's not going to take better photos, nor will she hold any birds for me.
I'm not asking for y'all to identify individuals from the photos, they are just to get an idea of the colors they carry.
I'm asking for characteristics that help identify sex, like body size, or if I'm on the right track looking for smaller combs and skinny legs.
For example, gold/silver on the head, saddle area, wings, etc usually means male.
If the seller isn’t willing to accommodate you by giving you better photos of the birds, I would question buying from them. Just my opinion. Sounds like they may have something to hide.🤷‍♀️

If the seller isn’t willing to accommodate you by giving you better photos of the birds, I would question buying from them. Just my opinion. Sounds like they may have something to hide.🤷‍♀️
We don't have great cell phone coverage/wifi out here, so I'd have to go there, come home and wait and go back again. She uses her phone for photos and I am welcome to come look at the birds but she is a hobby breeder and it's not her primary business. Really just the hassle is too much for either of us.

We don't have great cell phone coverage/wifi out here, so I'd have to go there, come home and wait and go back again. She uses her phone for photos and I am welcome to come look at the birds but she is a hobby breeder and it's not her primary business. Really just the hassle is too much for either of us.
Understandable! I bought two backyard breeder mixed breed pullets from craigslist last year. The seller actually sent me photos of each bird and I did her a favor and sexed all of them for her and then I got to pick the two pullets that I wanted! It was a win-win for both of us.😊

Back
Top Bottom